Site was down, now it's back up

New releases, news, and anything else important.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Site was down, now it's back up

Post by MtnViewJohn »

We had two drives in a RAID array go down and had to do a reinstall of Ubuntu to get the system back up. Everything is back except for the wiki, which needed a lot of updates to work with Ubuntu 16.04. But I had already made a copy of the documentation in the github wiki so I decided to migrate to that. If you want to access the content of the old wiki then [url=http://web.archive.org/web/20150901173243/http://www.contextfreeart.org/mediawiki/index.php?]The Internet Wayback Machine[/url] is your only option. Reply here or send email to contextfree@glyphic.com if you notice any issues.

There is a huge backlog of pending account requests, but most of them are spam. I will figure out a new anti-spam measure and try to get back on top of it. You can still post to the gallery, and that is a good way of showing that you are not a robot.

Note, the forums still have some problems. I have turned off BBCode. In order to post you must disable automatic parsing of URLs.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Re: Site was down, now it's back up

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Looks like the forums are in sadder shape than I thought. I will have to upgrade to a newer version of phpbb.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Site updated to the latest version of phpbb. Hopefully, all is now ok.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Looks like the gallery login is broken buy the phpbb upgrade. Looking into it...

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Gallery login should work now.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Sigh, gallery account creation was also broken. But now it works.

The phpbb forum software cannot properly send email right now. Any email it send out will have template fields in it like {WELCOME_MSG}. I'm forced to use a pre-release version of phpbb because the server was upgraded to PHP7. This is a known issue in phpbb 3.20RC1 and should be fixed in RC2. This should only be a problem if you need a password reset. If you need a reset and the email is still broken then send me an email to contextfree@glyphic.com