Mac 0.2.2 (v4) is out

New releases, news, and anything else important.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

mtnviewmark
Site Admin

Mac 0.2.2 (v4) is out

Post by mtnviewmark »

I just put up Mac 0.2.2 (v4) on the download page:
  • M Fixed crash on second "Save Image" command
  • M Show cropped image size in status bar
  • M Added "Send Feedback..." to Help menu
  • Improved cropped rectangle calculation
I'm the "m" in "mtree.cfdg"

boork

v nice!

Post by boork »

very nice!

the bug fix on the scond save is a massive bonus!

last night, i tried to render with dimesions 10000 x 10000 (yep I want to make big prints) my mac went a bit crazy for a while, but eventually produced my image, at about half the size... Is 5000 x 5000 the maximum output atm? If so, any plans to increase?! I was planning of making some A0 screenprints, which will look amazing!

many thanks
when everything is connected, for better or for worse, everything matters.

mtnviewmark
Site Admin

Re: v nice!

Post by mtnviewmark »

boork wrote:last night, i tried to render with dimesions 10000 x 10000 (yep I want to make big prints) my mac went a bit crazy for a while, but eventually produced my image, at about half the size... Is 5000 x 5000 the maximum output atm?
There is no intrinsic limit. I just did a 10kx10k image and it worked. However, I think you might be seeing a different bug where the dimensions you entered in the "Render with dimensions..." sheet don't take and you get things rendered with the last dimensions you entered (for one or both dimensions).

Lastly, I don't recommend the "Crop Image" option with large images: It requires double the memory of a normal save. I'm thinking of putting in a warning sheet for larger renders that includes this note.

(The Win version seems to have a Windows imposed limit - though we've just switched to a different rendering API, so we may have gotten past that...)
I'm the "m" in "mtree.cfdg"