Context Free 2.0 Finally Released

New releases, news, and anything else important.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Context Free 2.0 Finally Released

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I finally got around to updating Context Free from 2.0beta to 2.0. Users of 2.0beta should upgrade to 2.0 to get the latest bug fixes and benefit from some performance tuning. I think the only new bug fix is that infinitely large shapes produce an error message instead of crashing Context Free.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

The installer is not installing the C++ runtime DLLs correctly under Windows. I am working on a fix for this, but in the meantime you can use the Microsoft tool for installing the Visual Studio 2005 DLLs. If your language is not english then you need to choose one of the other DLL installers.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Wow, version 2.0 is majorly broken. It looks fine for all the cfdg files I was debugging it with but is broken for most cfdg files. Downloads are disabled until it is fixed. Sorry.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

OK, it's fixed. I forgot to use fabs() when calculating the area of shapes from the determinant of their affine transform. Shapes with negative determinants had negative area, which broke things. Negative determinants only happen when you use the flip adjustment, so I didn't notice the problem. None of the cfdg files I was testing with had reflections.

I'm still crossing my fingers on dll installation under Windows. In the name of progress, Microsoft has really messed up dll installation with Visual Studio 2005. If Context Free 2.0 won't run on your Windows machine then try the dll redistribution file mentioned previously. Also, let me know what version of Windows you are running and what files are in the Context Free install directory.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I discovered that saving SVG files was broken on the Mac. This is now fixed in 2.0 (v15).