Say goodbye to bitweaver

New releases, news, and anything else important.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Say goodbye to bitweaver

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I am fed up with how sluggish bitweaver is and how poorly it supports Macintosh browsers. In about two weeks I am going to move the wiki part of the Context Free Art site over to MediaWiki and the forums will move back to stand-alone phpBB. I will apply the Media Wiki extension so that your phpBB accounts will also be MediaWiki accounts. Maybe someday we will merge in the gallery accounts, but that is a much larger endeavor.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

As you can see, I made the switch over to MediaWiki and phpBB 2.0.21. I'm not sure your passwords survived the trip from bitweaver back to phpBB. You may need to have phpBB generate a new password for you.

Mediawiki does not have a common login session with phpBB and I have not loaded the Mediawiki extension to get it to use phpBB accounts. My guess is that there is little interest and that people will be happy to read the wiki without logging in.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I changed the home page and the download page to be static html. This should cause site to be zippier, especially when we are slash-dotted or boing-boinged (or hit by some other country's geek news site). I had to empty my browser cache to see the new home page.

Also, I loaded the Mediawiki extension that allows you to log in to the wiki using your forum username and password.

Please respond to this thread if there are any issues with the recent changes to the site.