render animations

Please check here FIRST if you are having difficulties with Context Free. This forum contains answers to the most common questions users have.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

drohnwerks

render animations

Post by drohnwerks »

I love this programme, so easy to pick up, and mnute changes to code yield massive differences in the output.

I couldn't find an obvious post on this, so apologies if this has been answered before.

What is the lowest res format to export an animation? I have to admit I am not au fait with the formats in the export menu, and managed to render a 2 gig file lasting 3 minutes (rendered in 25 hours on my lowly g4 cube :D), when I was just wanting a small .mov file ;)

Also is there a way to alter the speed logarithmically (animation speeds up or slows down) without importing the animation into an external editor?

Thanks!

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

The movie resolution will be at whatever size the original image was rendered at. Reduce the rendered image size to reduce the movie frame resolution. Also, you can try different video codecs and compression qualities to reduce the movie file size.

The method for distributing shapes into the sequence of animation frames is fixed right now. Instead of adding a bunch of options for animation speed we are thinking of adding a time dimension. Just as you can control the x and y position of a shape and its z depth, you will be able to control when in animation time it is visible.

drohnwerks

Post by drohnwerks »

we are thinking of adding a time dimension. Just as you can control the x and y position of a shape and its z depth, you will be able to control when in animation time it is visible.

Sounds ideal, far simpler and much more controllable than what I was thinking of :)

dendenmushi

time

Post by dendenmushi »

GREAT IDEA!!!!