Your Last works

If you have a design you're proud of, share the cfdg file here. It's also a good place to ask for feedback and collaborate.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

koan

Your Last works

Post by koan »

Hello, I write From France, so excuse my mistakes...
I wonder why it's impossible to open most of the lasts beautiful works
you're sharing. I used to play with finished drawings, ('cause i'm unable to start from nothing...) and the last weeks productions refuse to render... :oops:

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

The last few works use features that are only in version 2.2, which is currently in beta testing. You can get it here: http://www.contextfreeart.org/mediawiki ... _Beta_page

koan

Post by koan »

Yes ; Hourra, and thanks !
I love this software. I use it in black and white for to make mountains in Bryce, but not only... :D

Traven

Post by Traven »

hello koan

and welcome in the gorgeous world of Context, an amazing tool.

You are a Bryce user, me I am a Blender user :wink:, I find CFA can be a good tool to create textures or other.

Et surtout je suis content qu'un autre frenchie tombe amoureux de ce merveilleux soft) // And I'm really happy another french guy falls in love with this amazing software

+ Traven

koan

Post by koan »

Hello, thank you very much.
I'd like to use Blender, but it seems so difficult fot me that i feel discouraged...
Car je suis plutôt mauvais en informatique...( because I am rather bad in data processing ) and in english too !!! :D
If you know a good "tutoriel", (in french ! ) please let me know... :oops:
I've tried the beta version of context free, but it does 'nt work, when I open it, it close at once...I'll wait for the final version... :shock:

Thanks to all of you.

PS what is "CFA" ?

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

koan wrote:PS what is "CFA" ?
CFA = Context Free Art. When we created this site we couldn't get the domain name contextfree.org so we decided to use the domain name contextfreeart.org

koan

Post by koan »

I appreciate geometric forms. So with CFA, I can find harmonies...
My problem is for to create my own things...I read the help, but I don't know how to start from nothing.
Ex-Nihilo is not so simple !
(amen) :D

Traven

Post by Traven »

the best french website about blender is : http://www.blenderclan.org
you will find there tutorials, links, an excellent FAQ and a good forum (i don't say that because i'm one of the regulators but because it's true :P )

To learn how to use CF, i think the best way, after the reading of the documentation, it's to copy a .cfdg from the gallery, to cut some parts of the code and see what happens.

PS : my english is bad too :wink:

koan

Post by koan »

I'm everywhere at the same time...'cause I PLAY with Bryce, Blender, Ultra fractal, Gimp, CFA ect. Step by step... :oops:
I've started seriously to mix CFA samples and some of my "researchs" are "sounding" good. I guess that one of these day I will post something in the gallery.
But before all, I have to sleep a little ! :D
Hum... I see colors when closing my eyes !!! :D