I need an advice

If you have a design you're proud of, share the cfdg file here. It's also a good place to ask for feedback and collaborate.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

Assennybrooxy

I need an advice

Post by Assennybrooxy »

Hello!
I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like www.contextfreeart.org is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "Share Your CFDG" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.
Website I developed for Cash Advance Company