Circular images too small

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

lkmitch

Circular images too small

Post by lkmitch »

I've been working with several images of the sort shown in the code below, and they never come close to filling the window. This one (on my Windows XP system) is less than half the size of the window. It doesn't seem to matter if I have the "crop image" box checked or cleared. Is there any way to make the image bigger within CFDG? Of course, I can trim the final image in a graphics program, but I'd like to take advantage of the space inside CFDG, if possible.

Thanks,
Kerry Mitchell

Code: Select all

startshape CS1

rule CS1 {
	FRED { r -90 }
}

rule FRED {
	CIRCLE { y 0.0125 s .975 b 0 }
	CIRCLE { y 0.0246875 s .950625 b 1 }
	FRED { s .950625 r -20 }
}

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Ummm, this is a feature. The early versions of CF just had an 8 pixel border. But this didn't look so good when large shapes and small shapes were both 8 pixels from the edge. So an additional border was added that is equal to the largest shape closest to the edge. The next version of CF/cfdg will add animation support and we will put in the ability to override the border sizing stuff.

momo

Post by momo »

did you say animation? :D

Can i ask how is it going to work? i'm very curious about it.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

You will feed CF/cfdg a file containing shape counts and PNG file names. For example
10 frame0001.png
20 frame0002.png
30 frame0003.png
40 frame0004.png
This would cause CF/cfdg to render 10 shapes and then draw the output to frame0001.png, 10 more shapes and draw to frame0002.png, and so on. Someone else will have to write a Python or Perl to stitch these together into an animation.

This is perhaps the oldest feature request for CF/cfdg. But we were always hung up on how to encode the animation file. Now we are punting on the whole codec thing and jump dumping all the frames.