Hue limit clarification

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

aqua_scummm

Hue limit clarification

Post by aqua_scummm »

Hi, about the hue limit, where does it initially add/subtract from?

If we are at 0, red, and i say |hue 45, does that mean I can approach 45 without going farther? If I am at 0 and I say |hue -60 does that mean from 0 I can approach 300 (or -60, since were going that direction) without shooting by? What if I do both, can I approach both without shooting by? Or is the initial value something completely different?

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Hi, about the hue limit, where does it initially add/subtract from?
Hue limit changes are relative to the previous hue limit, which starts at 0. Hue limit changes are not relative to the current hue. They are tracked separately.
If we are at 0, red, and i say |hue 45, does that mean I can approach 45 without going farther? If I am at 0 and I say |hue -60 does that mean from 0 I can approach 300 (or -60, since were going that direction) without shooting by?
Yup, the first would change the current hue limit to 45 and the second would change it to 300.
What if I do both, can I approach both without shooting by? Or is the initial value something completely different?
I don't understand the question. You can only have one hue limit at a time. If you said |hue 45 and then said |hue -60 then the hue limit would be 345.

aqua_scummm

Post by aqua_scummm »

Ok, I was thinking of having two limits, and being in the middle, and approaching either limit from there, but I see now that it only makes sense to approach it one way.