PNG fix on the web site

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

logic

PNG fix on the web site

Post by logic »

I notice that this web site has an IE PNG transparency fix attached to it. It is causing problems in the forums with the [img] phpbb tag, because there is no way to specify a width/height there. The result is that PNGs -- just regular PNGs with no transparency -- become the size of the "blank.gif" used by the PNG fix, which is something like 32x32 pixels. I recently found a script which does a better job of PNG transparency in IE, in that it doesn't require the width & height to be specified. It uses a "deferred" script which reads the dimensions from each image that is being translated. With this script, PNG images in the forums would work properly in IE. I don't know if you care to use it, as you'd probably have to wrench the IE7 script's PNG fix support out (or perhaps it can simply be disabled by using a bum filename extension value?), but if you do, you can find it at:

http://israel.logiclrd.cx/pngfix.js

mtnviewmark
Site Admin

Post by mtnviewmark »

Thanks logic. We will take a look at that script.
I'm the "m" in "mtree.cfdg"

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I'm still working on this. But for now I have disabled the offending javascript. PNGs with transparency won't display correctly, but everything else appears to be fine.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

OK. I implemented this fix. I had to tweak the javascript a little to get it to ignore PNG images of class 'icon'. Otherwise some buttons were broken. I also had to change the three CSS-placed PNG files with GIF equivalents.