Wrong Configuration??

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

ShaggyStyle

Wrong Configuration??

Post by ShaggyStyle »

Nice coincidence... about one year since I knew your software and just today, after many months without using it, I've needed ContextFree again... And right now you launch your new version.
... but, after install, it send me an error message... I'm from Chile... so I have my Windows on Spanish... it says "No se puede iniciar la aplicación porque su configuración es incorreta. Reinstalar la aplicación puede solucionar el problema"... hmmm...something like "The program can't run because the configuration is wrong. Try reinstal to solve it"

I don't know what's wrong... I've tried in my other computer and it send me the same message. And I've tried to find on internet if there is an older version that may work for me... but nothing.

Do you have an older version that may work for me while we find a solution? Today I had a good idea and it's killing me... I need ContextFree :) Help!!!

By the way... it's good to know that ContextFree is still alive... nice job :wink:

I'll be waiting for a solution.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Try version 1.2 or 2.0beta. What version of Windows are you running? Can you tell me what files were copied into Program Files\OzoneSoft\ContextFree?

ShaggyStyle

Post by ShaggyStyle »

thanks... 1.2 is working good... that all what I need... but... surely I'll be a betatester.... :wink:

C:\Program Files\OzoneSoft\ContextFree have all this files:

ContextFree.exe
license.txt
mfc80u.dll
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80.dll
uninst-contextfree.exe

(of course in my case it's "Archivos de Programa" instead "Program Files")

UPDATE: I'm using Windows XP SP2

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Would you mind downloading and installing the VC2005 runtime package (spanish) from Microsoft and checking if that helps version 2.0 to run? I may have forgotten to include a dll in the installer. Thanks.

ShaggyStyle

Post by ShaggyStyle »

Great... it did work...

Now it's alright...thanks.