In Search Of: Documentation / Syntax / Parameters :(

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

kalimonster

In Search Of: Documentation / Syntax / Parameters :(

Post by kalimonster »

Please don't get me wrong. This software makes me weak in the knees. I've been playing with it every day since I found the site last week. It's enough to make a girl giggle and clap her hands in delight.

Where exactly does one find a more thorough and informative documentation, though?

The documentation in its current form blocks out the basic structure of a CFDG file, and then cheerfully neglects to list the possible parameters -- and the ones lucky enough to be listed by way of sample code are unhelpfully abbreviated to single letters. :(

From checking the forums, this has been asked for several times over the last couple years, and so I'm hoping someone has created a 'cheat sheet' for themselves in the interim, and is willing to share.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. :)
--k.

mtnviewmark
Site Admin

Post by mtnviewmark »

The page I think you are looking for is called Shape Adjustments and outlines the modifications that you can apply to a rule.

I admit that the documentation leaves quite a bit to be desired.... It is in a wiki and we would love to folks to improve it. Technical writing is neither John's nor my strong suit (obviously!)
I'm the "m" in "mtree.cfdg"

kalimonster

Post by kalimonster »

MtnViewMark wrote:The page I think you are looking for is called Shape Adjustments and outlines the modifications that you can apply to a rule.

I admit that the documentation leaves quite a bit to be desired.... It is in a wiki and we would love to folks to improve it. Technical writing is neither John's nor my strong suit (obviously!)
Eh, part of it is that I wrote this in frustration when I probably should have slept on it a night, too. Apologies for that. :oops:

I found most of the 'missing' parameters on the page you suggested, and the rest were hiding in the 2.2beta.

Thanks for the reply. :)