ContextFree 2.2beta rendering blank images?

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

kalimonster

ContextFree 2.2beta rendering blank images?

Post by kalimonster »

Background info first:
I'm running WinXP Pro with SP2 installed.
Release version is installed into \ContextFree2.1\
Beta version is installed into \ContextFree2.2b\

Any image I render in the 2.2beta -- including the examples included with the program -- show nothing but a blank white screen.

I've tested identical variations in both programs, and both report (for example) "7118 shapes, 600 x 600 pixels", yet 2.2b shows nothing.

HOWEVER, if I choose to save the (seemingly blank) image in 2.2b, it saves correctly and I get the image I was expecting.

I've troubleshot all the obvious things -- rebooted the machine, reinstalled both release and beta versions in different locations to test -- but nothing is working.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I think I found the bug. If you do a 'Render to Size' operation is the 'Don't display final result' checkbox set? If it is then uncheck it and see if that fixes the problem.

kalimonster

Post by kalimonster »

MtnViewJohn wrote:I think I found the bug. If you do a 'Render to Size' operation is the 'Don't display final result' checkbox set? If it is then uncheck it and see if that fixes the problem.
Yes, it is, and unchecking it fixed the problem. :D

Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it.
--k.

Heliotropion

Post by Heliotropion »

I seem to be having the same problem with CF 2.2beta2, though the "Don't display final result" checkbox is unchecked. Nothing is displayed during or after rendering, neither is anything, besides a blank image, saved.

Any ideas? I'm on XP (no SP).

Update: I just noticed, a change of background is shown on both the render and the image. Yet no shapes.

H"T

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

What do you see in the message area of the cfdg document window? Does it say something like '9884 shapes, 575x444 pixels'?

Try setting the background to transparent red and tell me if this fills the whole window or just part of it:

Code: Select all

background {sat 1 a -0.5}
Are you really on Windows XP with no service pack? You should at least be on service pack 2 (aka Win XP SP2). Service pack 3 just came out.

Heliotropion

Post by Heliotropion »

What the... Now I'm really baffled.

I had removed 2.2b2 and reinstalled 2.1. To try the 'background' thing, I "rolled forward" to 2.2b2 again, and now it just works. I don't know what happened, since nothing else had changed (and I'd tried the uninstall/reinstall thing before). Any ideas on what it may have been?
MtnViewJohn wrote: Are you really on Windows XP with no service pack? You should at least be on service pack 2 (aka Win XP SP2). Service pack 3 just came out.
Yes, it's pure XP without an SP. I find SP2 to be very heavy and troublesome, though I should try an XP version with SP2 streamlined.

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I looked at the installer for 2.1 and 2.2 and I can't see how rolling back and the upgrading again should make a difference.