Temporary files

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

wouterdev

Temporary files

Post by wouterdev »

I've got a problem. I have tried to render a really big image (1 GP) and it worked, but ContextFree crashed while saving it. The status messages told me it had created 42 temporary files, after the crash those files weren't deleted and they still take over 4 GB on my hard drive. Where are they, so that I can hunt them down and delete them?

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

You didn't say whether you are running Windows or OS X. But this page will help you either way: http://www.xvsxp.com/system/system_tools_cleanup.php

wouterdev

Post by wouterdev »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using Windows Vista. Disk cleanup saids there's only 1,26GB of temporary files on my disk. But it also states "You can safely delete temporary files that have not been modified in over a week". Does this mean I'll have wait a week before I can use disk cleanup to delete those 4 GB? Is there any other way to reach those files (like a path, where to find them, or their names)?

Thanks
-www.wouterdevinck.net

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I think Vista is trying to prevent you from deleting temp files there are still in active use. If you reboot your system then any temp files should be safe to delete.