dpi

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

wck

dpi

Post by wck »

Hello,

I started using this software recently, and I love it! I've been making some great mathematics inspired designs. I want to send these to a printer, and the images need to be at a 300dpi resolution or better.

Is there a way to render my images with a specified dpi?

I have tried saving my images as .svg files, but my graphics software (Inkscape and GIMP) doesn't handle large (>100MB) .svg files. Both programs consume all 8GB of my RAM, and never make any progress. Any advice on how to handle this would be appreciated as well.

I'm using 64-bit Vista / Ubuntu.

Cheers,
-Bill

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Re: dpi

Post by MtnViewJohn »

You can use the Render-with-Dimensions/Render-to-Size menu option to how many pixels you want for width and height.

wck

Post by wck »

MtnViewJohn wrote:You can use the Render-with-Dimensions/Render-to-Size menu option to how many pixels you want for width and height.
Thanks, MtnViewJohn. I had done that and was concerned that my jpg was saved at 96dpi and that there was no way to alter this aspect of my image. Your comment helped me to realize that this is something I can change using GIMP. It was, in fact, very, very easy to change the dpi in GIMP.

Thanks!

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

Ah. We don't do anything to set the dpi. It ends up being whatever the system default is.