Program wont start. And i cant find my pictures :(

If you're having trouble using Context Free or don't understand the language, ask for help here.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

SatansChild

Program wont start. And i cant find my pictures :(

Post by SatansChild »

Last night i was working on a project and i took a little break. i turned my computer off while Context free was still running. I went back on today and tried to get back on Context free but it kept coming up with messages saying it wasnt working properly. and when i search for the cfdg files on my computer they dont show up! i hope i didnt lose all my work! PLEASE HELP!

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Re: Program wont start. And i cant find my pictures :(

Post by MtnViewJohn »

I have never heard of this kind of problem before. Context Free should work fine if it is left running through shutdown. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Context Free? I have no idea why your cfdg files are missing. Maybe they were saved in an unexpected directory. Can you provide the exact wording of this error message?

SatansChild

Post by SatansChild »

Well it comes with a message saying "Context Free Application has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"
i don't get it. i've never had this problem before. because i have used this program a lot the past couple of days it lists it in the start menu, so when i click on the little arrow next to it it comes up with all of the cfdg files i had been working on recently. but when i go to click on them it comes up with another message saying asking me to browse for the files myself. this is all very strange. im wondering, maybe the files are in a different place. i will try to find them. oh and, if my files are indeed still on my computer, will i losse them if i uninstall/reinstall the program?

SatansChild

Post by SatansChild »

also i just went to click on my FrostBite.cfdg file in that little recent projects menu i was mentioning. When i clicked on browse to find it myself it said exactly this, "The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Would you like to removed from the list? "

MtnViewJohn
Site Admin

Post by MtnViewJohn »

That error message sounds like what would happen if the dll files installed next to Context Free were damaged or deleted.

The uninstaller will not delete cfdg files, just the exe and dll files that comprise Context Free. Is anything else not working in your system? It sounds as if something has corrupted your Context Free install and done something with the cfdg files. The only code in Context Free that can possibly delete files is hard-coded to only delete temp files in the temp directory.

SatansChild

Post by SatansChild »

Beside Context Free, my system seems to be running like normal. I will try uninstalling reinstalling the program. Oh and sorry but i'm not the best with computers. i can get around and do a lot with it but im still new to this. What did you mean by the dll and temp stuff? sorry for misunderstanding

SatansChild

Post by SatansChild »

strange.... i had around 25 pictures that i made. when i uninstalled the program then installed it again all the pictures were still gone...except for two of them. They were the only 2 listed. no others. they were the first two pictures i made. both of them being my own version of examples.