Complexification web site

Let the developers know what you think of the software and what can be done to either improve the CFDG language or the Context Free program.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

lagroue

Complexification web site

Post by lagroue »

Did you know Complexification ?

If the guy isn't restricted to context-free grammars, his stunning pictures are all computer-generated, based on his own algorithms. Awesome beauty. Definitely worth visiting.

Music2000

Post by Music2000 »

Wow, this website is amazing :) Thanks for the link, the program they use processing i think its called seems to be able to do some amazing things.

aaronstj

Post by aaronstj »

Yeah, the images on that website or made using a programming environment called Processing. It's basically a simplified Java environment with a library designed specifically for making art. There's a lot of cool Processing "art code" out there. The guy at complexification seems to be one of the best. I really like the colors he uses, and the designs have this great wispiness to them. It looks like prettty much all of the designs include the applet and source code.

I've never tried doing anything in Processing, but if I ever get a good idea, I'd like to give it a try.

Music2000

Post by Music2000 »

Do you know of any other similar sites that are using Processing to make stuff like complexification, i know theres a few flash based ones but i havent been able to find any other Processing ones yet.

momo

Post by momo »

You can take a look to the exhibition gallery at the processing site, there are some cool links.

I also like the works at http://www.bodytag.org

Music2000

Post by Music2000 »

Thanks for the links :)

Robert

Bad thing

Post by Robert »

One bad thing about processing is that you cannot output high resolution image files for print like CFDG.

Savantas

Post by Savantas »

It is possible to export to EPS. Look at Flowerpower Advanced Vector. It isn't in Processing though...

seltar

regarding flowerpower

Post by seltar »

it is processing.. trust me, i made it.. :)

-seltar

http://seltar.wliia.org