CDFG vs graphic design

Let the developers know what you think of the software and what can be done to either improve the CFDG language or the Context Free program.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

Crybaby

CDFG vs graphic design

Post by Crybaby »

Thanks for a great app!

Being a graphic designer, I realize my viewpoint may be in conflict with the intent of CDFG, its philosophical or methodical purity etc. Never the less, here are a couple of features that would increase CDFG's usability to me:

1) Arbitrary shapes. Whether it's in the form of manual polygon definitions or importing a vector- or pixel based image. This is the culprit!

2) Vector output (for animation). If I had a PDF file I could fairly easily remove one shape per frame, FIFO or reverse order, and get an animation of the growing shape.

3) Vector or coordinates output (to bypass 1). If I had a PDF or text file containing the position, angle and size of shapes, I could replace the shapes afterwards with arbitrary graphic elements. (Even better: if there was some way to identify different shapes, so I could replace different shape types with specific graphic elements.)

Best regards
Andreas Gaunitz, lecturer
Graphic Design & Illustration and Digital Studio dpts
Konstfack, University College of Arts Crafts and Design

Sorry about the spelling.

Post by Guest »

Sorry about the spelling.

Andreas