New Option for the GUI

Let the developers know what you think of the software and what can be done to either improve the CFDG language or the Context Free program.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

shevegen

New Option for the GUI

Post by shevegen »

Hi there.
I built a simple ruby-gtk stuff around cfdg (its still horribly buggy), and one thing I am using it for is to easily generate a gallery of all .cfdg files. It is quite handy, not as nice as the windows GUI, but usable enough to generate a "gallery snapshot".

Now, I am also using windows sometimes, and when i looked at the decent GUI (decent in the sense that it is very much usable for a user) i noticed that you guys could maybe add an option to generate a gallery / thumbnail gallery.
IF you guys think that is nice to have, i leave it of course totally open how to implement or what to add specifically:-) but here is one draft suggestion to it, maybe to make a possible decision easier:

- In Examples Menu, add a "render examples to image", like a batch processing checkbox or similar, which allows a user to batch-create image files.
- Also, do a tiny inbuilt "thumbnails" gallery make, which can be activated/used once a user says to generate images from all examples.
- Allow the user to add his own custom examples to the example listing.
For example, I would like to remove some examples and use my own examples instead.

Why would such a feature be nice to have?

I think an (inbuilt) gallery would be nice to look at your .cfdg files.

At best you could collect together which images look nice, and assemble them to become a final larger image which contains all the thumbnails automagically (and you could i.e put this on your webpage or something).

Yes, I know there are many workarounds to this, also many simple, but i thought why not have this feature maybe. :-)

Ok thats it, thanks for reading! ;)