2 Interface Enhancement Idea

Let the developers know what you think of the software and what can be done to either improve the CFDG language or the Context Free program.

Moderators: MtnViewJohn, chris, mtnviewmark

Music2000

2 Interface Enhancement Idea

Post by Music2000 »

Hi, i havent posted in a while but often check the gallery, one problem for me at the moment is im not always online so i cannot preview how a .cfdg looks without loading a load of projects until i find the type of thing im looking for, so my first and the big idea is -

Have the option to select a folder or multiple folders and afterwards it displays a thumbnail of the project (if it has to be rendered a right click render preview button would be handy and also a render all command or just done automatically) and you would have a scroll bar and could see all your downloaded .cfdg's with the name under the thumbnails, expanding on this you could have folders and organization, rename, refresh, drag and drop loading/saving etc, i think this would make the program alot easier to use if you want to look at the code for something, browse, or modify something, it would also make it great for offline use and speed things up a lot i think.

The next idea is a in build help/reminder system which of course could be turned off if wanted for advanced users, what it would do is you hover over a section of the code and depending on the command it will show you a name and also a quick description, i know the programs aimed towards coders (and i only know the basics really) so it would basically help users to learn new commands and what everything does.

Hope my ideas are helpful/reasonable :)

Music2000

Post by Music2000 »

Also a crazy one, i think it would be cool if we could use CF to not only be a generator but a editor, looking at all the cool geometric designs etc it makes be think using it as an effector could make some seriously cool possibillitys and crazy mirror and spiral effects 8)